Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Assignment 3


The environment is a very important factor in or lives considering the fact that we live in it. I have recenlty researched the problems that we have on the environment and how we can recycle to help fight environmental pollution. A person named Garth Turner a member of the parliment for Halton, Canada wrote a book called The Citizens Guide to a Better Environment.... Here is his opening Paragraph

Why I wrote this Guide

All of us care about the environment-we have to. The future of our children, our country and our planet depend very much on the decisions made today.
Government has a role in this, and so does business-from huge oil companies sending tankers down the coastline to the corner drycleaners with cans of solvents. But so do you and I, our families and the communities we live in.
I strongly believe we all have a role to play. I know that in our everyday lives there are things we can do. At the time, they may seem to be tiny, but if we all did them, the results could be amazing.
This booklet is my small contribution to the cause. In writing it I wanted to show how our everyday lives can be structured to be positive, not polluting.
I wrote the first version of this booklet back in 1991, when global warming was just an unproven theory and before we witnessed steamy summers, polar ice cap melting or the frightening prospect of electricity brownouts due to airconditioning overload. After being an MP then, I went on to join the national board of the Sierra Legal Defence Fund, a group dedicated to upholding and improving laws protecting our environment.
Today I am an MP again, working to do what I can to help this world and all the creatures we share it with. Distributing this information is a part of that – since if we all did a little, we would accomplish a staggering amount. Let’s start now. Our Canada, and our planet, are worth it.
Garth Turner, Member of Parliament for Halton, Canada

No comments:


The Environment caused by people in the invironmet